Terms and Conditions
THIS AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR ACCESS TO THE PLATFORM OF AMERICAS LEADING FINANCE, LLC. ("ALF"), CALLED ALF CUSTOMER PORTAL ("ALFCP"). YOU DECLARE THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL CAPACITY TO ADHERE YOURSELF WITH THESE BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH CAPACITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT CONTINUE, OR ACCESS THE ALFCP PLATFORM.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING THIS WEB PAGE, APP AND ANY OF ITS PAGES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED, DO NOT ACCESS THIS WEB PAGE OR ANY OF THE PAGES CONTAINED HEREIN.
2. Acceptance of the Service Contract
This Agreement (the "Agreement") regulates the services provided through the ALF Customer Portal (the "Services") by ALF. The Services allow you to obtain certain information related to your Account and make certain payment transactions to that account using a personal computer, telephone and / or cell phone.
You understand that you are not obligated to accept this Service Agreement or register for this service. It is required to have an Account with ALF to have access to the Services.
You agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement are provided to you electronically. You agree that any notification related to the Services will be disclosed through electronic means. You will be responsible for notifying ALF of any changes to the email address provided by you. You may notify ALF of changes to your email address at any time as indicated below.
Transactions related to Accounts made in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement, could be regulated by several federal and local laws, including, without limitation, Electronic Funds Transfers Act, Fair Credit Billing Act. In addition, any transaction related to the Account will be subject to the terms and conditions established in the Retail Sales Installment Contract.
- a. You understand that the terms and conditions of this Agreement are being provided electronically and any acceptance of such terms constitutes a consent to them.
- b. You agree to have received the disclosures applicable to this Agreement.
4. Notification of Changes
You will be responsible for notifying ALF of any change in your email address. These changes may be notified at any time by contacting (787)626-0000.
5. Necessary equipment
In order to have access to electronic communication, it is necessary to use a personal computer, mobile phone or tablet with access to the Internet and a browser with a secure connection layer (SSL) and encryption of 256 bits.
The recommended browsers are:
- Internet Explorer version 8 or greater for Windows.
- Google Chrome version 13 or greater for Windows.
- Mozilla Firefox version 6 or higher for Windows or Mac OS X.
- Safari version 7o greater for Mac OS X or Windows.
- Acrobat Reader® needed to view certain documents.
The recommended mobile operating systems are:
- Android version 7.0 or higher
- iOS version 10.0 or higher
ALF Customer Web Portal allows you to view account balances, transactions, make payments and obtain other general information about your Account. ALF Customer Web Portal allows you to make payments to the account. To subscribe to the Service, you must register through an Internet page by visiting https://alfcp.americasleading.com or by downloading the ALF Customer Portal App on the Apple Store or on Google Play, and follow the instructions indicated. Once all the required information provided by you is duly verified and authenticated, ALF will begin providing the Service.
7. Additional terms
All text, graphics, usage interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, art and computer codes (collectively, "Content"), including but not limited to design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, "look and feel" and organization of such content, on this Site is owned, controlled or licensed by or for ALF and is protected by applicable intellectual property laws, copyrights, patents and trademarks, and several other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
The brands of Americas Leading Finance, LLC. a trademark in process of registration before the Trademark Registry of the Department of State of Puerto Rico, and the "Aprobado" Trademark, some of which are in the process of being registered with the United States Patent and Trademarks Office, with its different variants and logos, (collectively referred to hereafter as the "Marks") are trademarks owned by ALF and may only be used with the express prior written consent of ALF, for the limited and non-exclusive use permitted by ALF, documented by means of an agreement. You are prohibited from using the marks.
9. Use of the Page
Unauthorized use of the Site in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil and criminal penalties against the emissary and its aides, including those penalties provided. by the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 USC §§ 1030 et seq.).
10. Accounts Passwords and Security
You are fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password, and for any and all activities that occur on your account. You agree to notify ALF immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security, including suspicions or incidents of "phishing" in your current account. However, you may be liable for losses incurred by ALF or any other user of or visiting the Site due to someone else using your user name, password or account of ALF Customer Portal Web and ALF Customer Portal App. You cannot use the username, password or account of ALF Customer Portal Web and ALF Customer Portal App of another person. ALF cannot and will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from your negligence in complying with these obligations.
12. Protection of Children's Privacy online
The Internet pages and online services of ALF are not aimed at children under thirteen (13) years of age and these minors are not encouraged to provide their personal information. Therefore, our policy is that we do not intentionally collect information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. In the knowledge that we have collected such information, we will comply with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), including the removal of such information from our systems. For additional information about COPPA, you can access the Federal Trade Commission's website at: www.FTC.gov.
13. Relief of Liability
ALF DOES NOT ENSURE THAT THE PAGE OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICE OR FEATURE OF THE PAGE WILL BE FREE OF ERRORS OR INTERRUPTIONS, OR THAT ANY DEFECT WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE PAGE WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE PAGE AND ITS CONTE-NIDO ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE". ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE PAGE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. ALF CAN NOT ENSURE THAT ANY EX-PEDIENT OR ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE PAGE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUS OR POLLUTION OR DESTRUCTIVE CHARACTERISTICS. ALF WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR EXPRESSED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF ACCURACY, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY CONDITIONS, SUITABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, HUMAN FORCE, PRECISION, TITLE, SILENT ENJOYMENT, BREACH, PREVENTATIVE EMBARGO AND INFRINGEMENT. ALF RELIES ON ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE PAGE AND / OR ANY ALF SERVICE. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY CONNECTION TO THE PAGE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST ALF FOR YOUR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE PAGE OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE PAGE OR ITS CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF DISAGREEMENT IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES. The aforementioned release of liability applies to any damage, liability or injury caused by any malfunction, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, failure in lines of communication, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use, either for breach of contract or negligence or any other cause of action. ALF reserves the right to do any of the following, at any time and without notice: (1) modifying, suspending or terminating operations of or Accessing the Page, or any portion of the Page, for any reason; (2) modify or change the Page, or any portion of the Page, and any applicable policy or term: e (3) interrupt the operations of the Page or any portion of the Page, as necessary to perform maintenance routine and non-routine, correction of errors or other changes.
14. Limit of Liability
Except when prohibited by law, in no event will ALF be liable for any direct or indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including loss of benefits, even if ALF has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
15. Linking practices to other Internet sites
ALF is committed to providing you with the most complete information possible. For your convenience, ALF may provide you with access to information, products or services offered on Inter-net pages or Internet resources that may be owned or operated by other companies, which are not affiliated with ALF ("third-party website"). "). We provide you this access through "hyperlinks" that automatically move you out of the Internet pages of ALF to third-party Internet sites. When you move from an ALF page to other third-party pages with links to us, the new page will appear in another window or you will be alerted to notify you that you are leaving the ALF page.
Some tips to help you identify if you left the ALF website:
- Instead of an Internet address of ALF, the "URL" of the third-party page appears in the box (or address field) of your browser.
- The third-party page appears in a new window of your browser. The appearance of this new page, including the colors and the graphic designs, are significantly different from those of the ALF page.
The third-party page does not appear in a new browser window, but you may find one or more of the following:
- The phrase "ALF linked third-party website" below the ALF logo.
- The logo of another different company will appear in some location on the third-party page with a link to us, along with the phrases "Powered by", "Brought to you by", or "Provided by".
- The layout and content of the navigation tools on the left side of the third-party page or in the header at the top of the new page are different to those of ALF.
- The first navigation link refers to a description of the company that sponsors the third-party page. The title could be "About (Third Party's Name)".
- Information at the bottom of the page contains information about a company other than ALF.
ALF is committed to providing high quality online services. If you find any information on any ALF website that you understand is incorrect or if you have any un-quietness about a link to a third-party page, please send us an email.
16. Companies and Products of Third Parties
The mention of third-party products, companies and web pages on our Site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. ALF assumes no responsibility in relation to the selection, performance or use of these products or vendors. ALF provides this only as a convenience to our users. ALF has not tested any product or program found on these pages and does not make representations regarding the quality, safety, or ownership for any purpose of any product or program found there. There are inherent risks in the use of any of the products or programs found on the Internet, and ALF assumes no responsibility in relation to the performance or use of these products or programs. Make sure you fully understand the risks before downloading any program from the Internet.
18. Dispute Resolution Agreement
This Agreement will be interpreted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
The procedures specified in this Section shall be the exclusive procedures for the resolution of disputes between the parties that arise from or related to the use of the Page.
ALF reserves the right to cancel this Agreement or suspend its participation in the Service at any time. ALF may cancel the Service immediately if: (a) You breach any agreement with ALF; (b) if ALF has reason to believe that there has been or may be an unauthorized use of the access parameters, the Account or the Service.
No delay or failure of any Party to exercise any right, power or remedy contained herein shall operate as a waiver, postponement or moratorium thereto; Any exercise of any right, power or remedy individually or partially will not prevent any additional or new action on it or the exercise of any other right, power or remedy under this Agreement. The rights and remedies of the Parties provided herein are cumulative and do not exclude any other rights, powers, privileges or remedies existing now or in the future by operation of law, equity or for any other reason.
If any provision of this Agreement is declared, in whole or in part, by any judicial or administrative court with jurisdiction as void, invalid, illegal or cannot be enforced, it will be considered for such purposes as invalid and ineffective, without affecting the validity, legality or effectivity of the other provisions not so declared, which shall be maintained in full force and force.
22. Prevailing Language
This Agreement is made in Spanish and in English. In the event of a dispute as to the terms of this Agreement the Spanish version shall prevail.
ESIGN Consent to Use Electronic Records and Signatures
As part of your relationship with us, we want to ensure you have all of the information you need to effectively manage your accounts. Our goal is to provide you with as many options as possible for receiving your account documents. We are required by law to give you certain information "in writing" – which means you are entitled to receive it on paper. We may provide this information to you electronically, instead, with your prior consent. We also need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures in our relationship with you. So, before you use our Electronic Services through the Americas Leading Finance, LLC web page and mobile app you must review and consent to the terms outlined below.
In this consent:
- "We," "us," "our" and "ALF" means Americas Leading Finance, LLC., and each and every current and future affiliate of Americas Leading Finance, LLC.
- "You" and "your" means the person giving this consent, and also each additional account owner, authorized signer, authorized representative, and/or service user identified on any ALF Product that you use or access.
- "Communications" means each disclosure, notice, agreement, fee schedule, statement, record, document, notification, letter and other information we provide to you, or that you sign or send.
- "Electronic Service" means each and every product and service we offer that you apply for, use, administer or access using the Internet, a website, email, messaging services (including text messaging) and/or software applications (including applications for mobile or hand-held devices), either now or in the future.
- "ALF Product" means each and every account, product or service we offer that you apply for, own, use, administer or access, either now or in the future. ALF Products include Electronic Services.
- The words "include" and "including," when used at the beginning of a list of one or more items, indicates that the list contains examples – the list is not exclusive or exhaustive, and the items in the list are only illustrations. They are not the only possible items that could appear in the list.
1. Your consent to use electronic records and signatures; Choosing to receive Communications electronically or in writing; Certain information must still be provided in writing.
By ALF’s sole discretion, the Communications we provide to you, or that you sign or agree to at our request, may be in electronic form ("Electronic Records"). We may also use electronic signatures and obtain them from you as part of our transactions with you.
Electronic Records may be delivered to you in a variety of ways. In some cases, you will be able to choose whether to receive certain Communications electronically, or on paper, or both. We will provide you with instructions on how to make those choices when they are available.
ALF may always, in its sole discretion, provide you with any Communication in writing, even if you have chosen to receive it electronically.
Sometimes the law, or our agreement with you, requires you to give us a written notice. You must still provide these notices to us on paper, unless we specifically inform you in an express form in another Communication that you may deliver that notice to us electronically.
There are certain Communications that by law we are not permitted to deliver to you electronically, even with your consent. So long as required by law, we will continue to deliver those Communications to you in writing. However, if the law changes in the future and permits any of those Communications to be delivered as Electronic Records, this consent will automatically cover those Communications as well.
2. Your option to receive paper copies.
If we provide Electronic Records to you, and you want a paper copy, you may contact the appropriate customer service unit by calling (787)626-0000 and requesting a paper version. You may have to pay a fee for the paper copy unless charging a fee is prohibited by applicable law.
3. Your consent covers all ALF Products; Privacy Policies.
Your consent covers all Communications relating to any present or future ALF Product. Your consent remains in effect until you give us notice that you are withdrawing it.
4. You may withdraw your consent at any time; Consequences of withdrawing consent; How to give notice of withdrawal.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please be aware, however, that withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of:
- your access to our Electronic Services, including the use of the ALF Customer App and ALF Customer Portal. Your withdrawal of consent will become effective after we have had a reasonable opportunity to process your request.
To withdraw your consent:
- You must contact ALF at (787)626-0000.
5. You must keep your email current with us.
You must promptly notify us of any change in your email address. You may change the email address on record for you by going to the Services page within and updating your contact information.
6. Hardware and software you will need.
To receive Electronic Records, you must have access to:
a Current Version (defined below) of an Internet browser we support,
- Internet Explorer version 8 or higher for Windows.
- Google Chrome version 13 or higher for Windows.
- Mozilla Firefox version 6 or higher for Windows or Mac OS X.
- Safari version 7 or higher for Mac OS X or Windows
- a connection to the Internet,
- a Current Version of a program that accurately reads and displays PDF files (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader), and
- a computer and an operating system capable of supporting all of the above. You will also need a printer if you wish to print out and retain records on paper, and electronic storage if you wish to retain records in electronic form.
- You must also have an active email address.
In some cases, you may also need a specific brand or type of device that can support a particular software application, including an application intended for particular mobile or handheld devices.
We reserve the right to discontinue support of a Current Version of software if, in our sole opinion, it suffers from a security flaw or other flaw that makes it unsuitable for use with the services provided.
By providing your consent, you are also confirming that you have the hardware and software described above, that you are able to receive and review electronic records, and that you have an active email account. You are also confirming that you are authorized to, and do, consent on behalf of all the other account owners, authorized signers, authorized representatives, delegates, product owners and/or service users identified with your ALF Products.
Additional examples of electronic records covered by your consent include:
1. This ESIGN Consent Disclosure and any amendments;
2. Our Online Terms & Conditions, other service or user agreements for online access to our Electronic Services, and all amendments to any of these agreements;
3. All of the Communications related to any ALF Product, except for those excluded by the terms of this ESIGN Consent Disclosure;
4. All of the periodic account and activity statements, disclosures and notices we provide to you concerning your ALF Products;
5. Any notice or disclosure regarding fees or assessments of any kind, including late fees, and no source of funds fees;
6. Notices of amendments to any of your agreements with us; and
7. Other disclosures and notices that we are legally required to provide to you, or choose to provide to you in our discretion.